Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 30, 2011

I despair.

I realize this doesn’t make me different from others in this world,

But sometimes the despair seems overwhelming,

And I feel that I am suffering as much as anyone ever has.

It is ludicrous, really.

I realistically know that no matter how bad it has been for me,

I am extremely fortunate and have no ground to stand on in complaining

Or even feeling sorry for myself.

It is the state of humanity to sometimes feel blue, or despair.

But, O Lord, you have done so many things for all of us.

When I turn my mind to your gifts for me and your creation,

I am ashamed of my want and sadness.

Forgive me, O Lord,

And turn my mind to the awesome wonder of what you are and what you have created for us.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment