Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 3, 2011

How often have I lost track of my blessings?
How many times have I thought “Woe is me!” when I am among the most blessed people in the world.
Our expectations of what we should have are out of balance with what we truly need.
We feel entitled to things that only one or two generations ago would have only been dreams.
We have become blind to our true needs and deaf to the ways that fulfilling our wants
Deprives others of things they really need.
Lord, help me never to lose sight of all the gifts and blessings you have given to me,
And help us to remember that all good gifts come from you.
Whatever we have, help us to be truly thankful.
And help us to make sacrifices that will benefit our neighbors throughout the world.
Help us to focus on humanitarianism instead of materialism.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment