Friday, February 4, 2011

February 5, 2011

Lord, I am growing older.
And as I think about growing older,
And as I visit with those who are much older than I,
I recognize that our bodies change immensely throughout our lives.
Young or old, the flesh changes dramatically over time.
We age, we ripen, we mature, we grow old and fall into disrepair.
Lord, as our bodies age, I pray that our minds would become closer in tune with you.
Just as a string on a piano,
Or the body of a guitar vibrates when the resonating pitch is played,
Help us to tune ourselves to your song in the universe.
So that when your music is played,
Our spirits may be resonators that will amplify the music
For all those around us to hear.
I pray that as we understand more about you,
Grow to love you and your creation,
And learn how to teach others about you,
That our spirits would become so in tune with your song,
That the listener may wonder,
If only for the briefest of moments,
If we are singing ourselves.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment