Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13, 2011

It is said to be a proof that God exists,

The way the world works together.

It is said to be as if a person found a watch,

Perfectly made, and perfectly running,

But with no visible owner.

The person who found it concluded that since it was designed so well

And it had gears and springs and hands and numbers,

It must have been made by someone, and not be an accident of nature.

This is how we are to view the world—as a perfectly running machine that professes a great designer.

But, O Lord, often the world does not seem to work so well.

We see so many problems.

Our relationships are strained at best.

People feel pain and die.

Parts of the world are killed by natural and human made processes.

What, then, proves your existence?

There is no way to prove, at least to the masses, through reason or logic,

But I know you are real.

I know you guide me.

I know you are beside me.

And I believe that individually or as a community, when we learn of you,

We err to try to learn through logic or science.

Loving and knowing you comes through faith.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment