Friday, July 29, 2011

July 30, 2011

A prayer for all nations…

God of all nations and all peoples and all creation and the entire cosmos…

I could go on and on.

What confuses me is how many of us pray for ourselves,

Our families,

Our own communities,

Our leaders,

Our own political parties, our own section of society.

It seems to me that we should pray for all creation,

All nations,

All leaders,

All peoples,

Because you love us all,

And you have commanded us to love one another.

So, today, I pray for all people everywhere.

I pray that everyone would be drawn to you.

If that is an opportunity to bridge a great chasm,

Or a single step in your direction,

I pray that you may draw us all to you,

Because only in you can we find happiness,

And if we are all drawn to you,

We can find happiness together.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment