Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 27, 2011

Lord, please forgive my sins,
And please forgive the sins of all those I come into contact with.
Actually, please forgive the sins of all people whether I come into contact with them or not.
I know that many believe that your nature must be a balance between justice and mercy,
And although I sometimes want to push for your punishment of those I think are wrong,
I pray that instead I may truly wish for and yearn for mercy
Not only for myself and those I know,
But for all humans everywhere.
I have no capacity to judge,
And I certainly cannot claim that another’s sin is greater than my own.
We all have our own sins,
And we all must answer for our own,
But I pray that your answer may be grace upon grace,
That we may learn to do right and avoid evil,
And that you would unite the entirety of humanity
One day in your perfect realm.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment