Monday, January 31, 2011

February 1, 2011

Maker of all things,
You have designed humans with many abilities.
The gifts you have given us have sometimes allowed us to believe in our own powers
Above you.
You gave us freedom of choice, and we use it to make plans for ourselves that may be very different
From the plans we expect you might have for us.
My prayer this day is that my will would become one with your will.
I pray that you would transform me into a true disciple.
I pray that my plans which are separate from your plans would pass away,
And that I would be energized to fulfill the plans you have for me.
I pray that as my will becomes more closely fused to yours
That I would grow in faithfulness and in confidence
To bring about your plans for me
And for all those I might come into contact with.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment