Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 5, 2011

Some days, Most High God, I feel like shouting about the mighty and awesome things you have done.
I feel like spending my time and energy screaming from the highest mountains how great you are.
Some days I feel like sobbing aloud at the things of this world,
The senseless bloodshed,
The lack of generosity,
The void where loving kindness belongs.
Some days I look at the lack of justice, and it inspires me to fight,
Some days I look at continued racism, sexism, and all types of divisions, and it causes me to want to give up.
But I always come back to those days that I want to shout out how wonderful you are.
Lord, please continue to inspire me to make changes in the world where I can,
And remind me there is no injustice too large or too small for you to handle.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment