Monday, January 17, 2011

January 18, 2011

Today, O Lord, I make a new covenant with you.
Just as the people of old entered into covenant with you, and just as those same people broke covenant with you,
I have entered into covenant with you in the past, and I have broken that covenant.
But, because you are an ever loving, gracious, and forgiving God,
I come to you now,
Acknowledging the ways in which I have neglected my promises to you.
I have not honored you in the ways that I had promised in the past.
I have not loved your people in the ways that I should, and I certainly have not loved my neighbor as myself.
I have neglected your creation and my promises to you.
But you have never wavered in your promises to me.
You have honored your covenant with me.
So, today, Lord God, I re-enter into my covenant with you.
Help me to continue to trust in you, and help me to be worthy of your trust.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment