Monday, December 13, 2010

December 14, 2010

Great Creator, when I think of all the great cosmos, the stars, the planets, the galaxies, and the huge size of the universe, I am in awe of your greatness. The unimaginable power of the size and scale of all you have created is completely overwhelming.
Yet, when I think of the care you took in the creation of this world in which we live, it is even more amazing. To think that of all the great mass and particles and huge speeds at which things are moving around in the incredible vastness of space, but somehow this little bit of material, at least on a cosmic scale, came together to form a sun and a planet and a moon that, by your design, are the perfect distance from the perfect sized star and orbited by the perfect sized moon to sustain the life of so many types that we have here. To think that the slightest difference in the way the earth and sun and moon sustain and affect each other may have not only greatly affected the type of life we have here in earth, but could have kept life from even being a possibility… This knowledge is so awesome and overwhelming, that I can hardly begin to understand it.
The great cosmic creator had such attention to one single planet that it was able to sustain life, and that life ultimately led, through your guidance, to humanity, and even to me…Lord, God, when I look at life in this way I can only thank you for the gift of my very existence and the sustaining of my life. I owe all of this to you, and I pray that you would help me to dedicate my existence to you as my gift in return.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment