Friday, December 17, 2010

December 18, 2010

Lord, like the psalmist of old, I sing of your victories over my enemies. When I was in the valley of those who would hurt me, you were always there with me. Although there were times when I could hardly stand the emotions and thoughts and storms within me, you were always there.
Now, when I remember, I see your guiding hand through those overwhelming times. Thank you for the gift of sight to see how you have brought me through all the storms of life. Because of those victories, I pray that you would help me to devote myself to helping others to the same victories over their own ghosts.
When my hope was lost, you restored me.
When I felt starved, you gave me spiritual food.
When I was more afraid than I had ever been in my life, you comforted me.
Help me to lead others to that comfort.
Help me to show others where they can find spiritual food.
Help me to show the hopeless how to hope again.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment