Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 26, 2010

Creator of all things,
Judge of all people,
Giver of all Grace,
We are told that we are inheritors of your kingdom, adopted by you as your children, and thus, heirs to your majesty. How can we begin to imagine the awesomeness of that gift? How can we even start to count your blessings to us.
You have chosen us, but for the adoption to become complete, we must choose you.
I pray, Lord, that I would choose you. Over worldly things, over institutions, over all the many material and non-Godly things that come between me and you.
Help me, because I know that if you choose me, and I choose you, then we will share eternity with each other and all the others who choose you, too. There can be nothing greater than being your daughters and sons, because there can be no greater kingdom, no greater treasure to inherit than what you want to freely give to all who choose you as holy parent.
I ask for your help for me and for all your creation.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment