Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 15, 2010

Lord of all things, you look deep into my soul and know all there is to know about me. Please forgive the lack of direction that I have.
Please forgive the tendencies I have to give in to my own self love rather than the love I should have for you and others.
Please forgive the ways in which I have disappointed you in my reactions to others or in my own self absorption.
Yet, Lord, even as I know there are ways I have fallen short of your designs for me, I know that you have loved me.
You have called me your child.
You have promised that I am valued.
You have even provided for the possibility of my redemption at great cost to yourself.
Lord, this is a gift I can never repay, but help me to focus on service to you and others so that I may give myself to your purposes for the short time that I will inhabit this world.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment